Sunday, October 16, 2011

Out of the dark closet, comes a quilt, or 2!!

A new friend was helping me, and our conversation came to quilts, as usual in my life.  She had a box of pieces she cut out 20 years ago when going through a very hard time in her life.  It became a chore to work on it so she boxed it and stashed it.  While moving recently, she found the pieces.  She asked if I would like to have it and finish it myself.  I gladly accepted her gift.  Upon obtaining the box, it was a beautiful array of colors and fabrics to a double wedding ring quilt.  I laid it all out and found that I could make 2 small ones, one  for me and one for her.  I proceeded to assemble the arcs she had begun many years ago.  I finished it and took it to her, she almost cried.  I told her bad times can still bring something good!!  She loves the quilt and now I can finish mine.  Moral of story?  Never give up on something you started.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous quilt and a lovely story! I look forward to seeing your half :) I cut one in half so it looks like we both make two quilts from one!!

    ReplyDelete